Highlights of 2016 Kasadyahan Regional Cultural Competition
Iloilo City’s streets were filled with color and history as 10 competing festivals vie as the region’s best during the annual Regional Kasadyahan Competition in Iloilo Dinagyang Festival 2016. Participating festivals sent their winning contingents to represent their towns and provinces. These include festivals from Capiz, Iloilo, Guimaras, Antique, and Negros Occidental.
Most of the performances reflect the very essence of the festivals they represent and the rich heritage of their province’s culture, beliefs, and customs.
The following are the participating festivals (called as Tribu) during this year’s Kasadyahan:
1. Tribu Bantayan from Guimbal, Iloilo
2. Tribu Salakayan from Miag-ao, Iloilo
3. Pintaflores from San Carlos City, Negros Occidental
4. Masskara from Bacolod City
5. Tribu Tatusan from Caluya, Antique
6. Tribu Pantat from Zarraga, Iloilo
7. Hubon Igbantog sa Karusa (Manggahan Festival) from Guimaras
8. Tribu Kasag from Banate, Iloilo
9. Tribu Padagyaw from Dumarao, Capiz
10. Tribu Patabang from Tapaz, Capiz
Here are some of the highlights of this year’s Kasadyahan:
Tribu Tatusan (Grand Champion):
Tribu Kasag (1st Runner Up):
Tribu Bantayan (2nd Runner Up):
(Courtesy of our photography partner: BLUE LENS PHOTOGRAPHY):
Here are the list of winners for this year’s 2016 Kasadyahan Regional Competition:
Champion – Tribu Tatusan of Caluyan Antique
1st runner-up – Tribu Kasag of Banate
2nd runner-up – Bantayan of Guimbal
3rd runner-up – Pintaflores of San Carlos City
4th runner-up – Patabang of Tapaz (Capiz)
Best in Costume – Tribu Kasag of Banate
Best in Music – Tribu Kasag of Banate
Best Musical Director – Tribu Kasag of Banate
Best in Choreography – Tribu Tatusan of Caluya, Antique.
Best Choreographer – Tribu Tatusan of Caluya, Antique.
Best Performance – Tribu Kasag of Banate